Sunday, July 15, 2012

Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Review

My favorite thing about the brand Almay is that they do not test on animals. That is always a huge plus to me when buying a new beauty product. Knowing this, I went ahead and checked out Almay's selection of foundation once I was sick of my other foundation I had been using (which happens to me very often). I was intrigued when I saw this product called "Smart Shade." They know my skin tone? How can this be?

The "Smart Shade" products do not know EVERYTHING about your skin color. You still have your option of choosing between light, light medium, and medium. However, you do not have to get specific with your number, just know your range. If you're in the 100s, get light. If you're in 200s, get medium-light. It didn't matter that I couldn't remember if I was a 105, 110, or 115. I got myself the light option because I knew I was in the 100s, and that was all that mattered.

I went for "Smart Balance" because I've got super rosy-red cheeks that do not blend in with my skin at all. When you squeeze the makeup out of the tube, you can see little black specks. Then, you simply rub it all over your face to even things out. Once I used enough, my cheeks didn't stand out so much anymore and my face looked pretty even. Overall, I was pleased with the results. However, with all this "smart shade technology" I thought it would look a lot more natural than it actually did. It was still pretty natural though, just not as much as I expected it to be. Also, I still had to use concealer to hide my blemishes, just so you know.

Overall Rating = 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment