Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: Maybelline's Fit Me

At first, I was a bit skeptical about investing in "Fit Me" makeup. After seeing an ad for it on TV, it sounded like a super go-natural type of makeup. This had me believing that the makeup would be so focused on looking natural, that it wouldn't offer me any real coverage. However, I went ahead and bought myself Fit Me powder foundation, liquid foundation, and concealer.

The powder foundation left me feeling pretty satisfied. Like any other powder foundation, it did not offer a great amount of coverage. However, it still did a good job at evening out my skin tone and still looking natural. It came in a simple compact which did not include a mirror. It did not include an applicator either, which I was fine with because I prefer to use my fingers anyway. Overall, I was content with this product, but not super impressed.

The concealer worked wonders for me! It was thick enough to make all of my blemishes invisible, while still looking natural and feeling light. So far, this has been my favorite concealer of all time! It comes in a tube, along with a built-in lipgloss-looking applier.

The liquid foundation was absolutely amazing. It was definitely not what I expected from the "Fit Me" brand because it transformed my uneven skin into a perfect, photoshopped canvas. I expected the liquid foundation to be super sheer and cover up nothing. The best part? It looked super natural! You could not even tell I was wearing makeup. I could not even tell I was wearing makeup myself because I couldn't feel it at all! However, I do have one complaint about it - the bottle it came in. The only way to get the makeup out of the bottle was to turn it upside-down and pour it onto my fingers which caused a huge mess and poured out much more makeup than I needed. If only it had a nozzle of some sort to make the applying process a lot less messier...

Overall, "Fit Me" reached beyond my expectations without going too far. It is definitely a great makeup brand, however it still had its imperfections. I would recommend this to anyone out there looking for natural-looking makeup that offers great coverage. Do not be fooled by its name, "Fit Me" has the power to make your skin look flawless. But then again, there are tons of other makeup brands out there with great coverage that still looks natural.

Ratings:
Powder Foundation: 3/5 stars
Concealer: 5/5 stars
Liquid Foundation: 4/5 stars
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment