Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Thoughts On Different Makeup Brands

No two people are alike. This also goes for makeup brands as well. Each one is different in it's own, special way. Basically, some really suck while others are freakin' awesome.

Covergirl (4/5 stars) - The first brand of makeup I ever used. I never really had any problem with Covergirl. Covergirl makes great stuff that lasts really long. They offer a very wide range of different types and styles of makeup. Overall, Covergirl is a great makeup brand. My only complaint? Animal testing. It really bugs me when companies test on animals when they really don't have to. Other than that, great brand.

Almay (4/5 stars) - Here's a makeup brand that does NOT test on animals! (Yipeeee!) However, I still can't give it a perfect score. Their makeup is great, they are pretty creative with some of their products, but it's just not perfect. Their concealer is good, but not as thick as I would want it to be. I like their smart shade products, but I'm still to this day skeptical about how well "smart shade" can really figure out your exact skin-tone.

L'Oreal (1/5 stars) - Let me put this gently... L'Oreal makeup SUCKS! Their eyeliner barely shows, their concealer is thick & messy, and don't even get me started on some of their products... a paint roller application for foundation? Last time I checked, my face is not a completely flat wall...

Revlon (5/5 stars) - Almay is a part of the Revlon company. Revlon is simply perfection. Their makeup offers a great amount of coverage without feeling heavy or looking too thick. Revlon offers a brand of makeup called ColorStay - makeup that is completely waterproof. This is perfect for when you're going swimming or just anywhere super hot where you might sweat your makeup off. Their black eyeliner is my favorite. And yes, they do not test on animals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment