Thursday, July 19, 2012

Waxing FAIL!

The other day, I picked up a Sally Hansen wax kit for myself. I finally reached the point this summer where I have become completely sick of shaving! I woke up a few days after showing the night before and felt my legs which had already become prickly, which seems ridiculous to me. At this point, I'm ready to try anything else.

The benefits of waxing are awesome. The more you wax, the slower and thinner your hair is supposed to grow back. And apparently, if you wax your legs enough, the hair stops growing back completely! Sounds like a great deal to me. The only downside I saw was the pain, but it couldn't be that painful, and even if it was, it seemed totally worth it to me.

I went to Target to pick myself up and at-home waxing kit. The first thing that popped out to me was the Sally Hansen brand. I had heard a lot of great things about them. I went for the simple waxing kit that provided extra strength and gave you the flexibility of being able to use this wax on any part of your body.

I definitely had high expectations for waxing. I had already been growing my leg hair out (which is not fun!) for about a week, just reaching a quarter inch (the recommended length for waxing). I read the directions multiple times to make sure I got everything right. I heated up my wax in the microwave and set everything up in my bathroom. Once I started waxing on my right leg, it wasn't working at first. I had to keep pulling off the strips again and again and again until I finally saw hair on the strips. This made me super excited, until I felt my leg expecting pure smoothness, and instead, felt HAIRINESS! I rinsed my sticking right leg and hands, still covered in wax, under water in my bathtub. To my surprise, the wax did not come off at all. I stood there in a sticky mess, with nothing but sore, hairy legs. In other words, it was a total fail.

My thoughts of waxing in general after finally trying it out is still positive, however. It was a little painful, but it really wasn't too bad. I could see myself going to a salon to get my legs waxed. I really never thought that self-waxing at home would be this hard. The thought of having super-smooth legs for two months without shaving at all makes me so happy.

So, where do I go from here? I really don't know. Try again? Buy an easier self-waxing kit? Go to the salon and get a professional waxing there? Give up on waxing and try a cream? Or go back to shaving?!?!

After thinking it over, I'll get back to y'all about whatever I decide to do. Please, leave suggestions if you have any input!

No comments:

Post a Comment