Monday, July 16, 2012

Review: Pond's & Other Face Wipes

Personally, I love face wipes. It takes less time and mess than any other makeup remover or face wash. It's so simple - you just take a wipe, rub it all over your face, and poof! Your makeup is off and your face is clean! I have come across a few different types of face wash and let me start out with telling you that nothing compares to Pond's. But I'm going to go ahead and compare them anyway ;)

Pond's was the first set of face wipes I got for myself. I went for the original Pond's face wipes. I was very pleased with the results. It left my face feeling clean, refreshed, and completely makeup-free.

Pond's original face wipes are great, but I was so excited to see that Pond's carries other types of face wipes as well! I went ahead and bought myself Pond's Wet Cleansing Evening Sooth with Chamomile & White Tea. These wipes are perfect to use at night. Something about it is so soothing and will make you feel more relaxed along with the feeling of clean, refreshed, and completely makeup-free.

I also could not resist buying myself Pond's Morning Refresh with Citrus & Cucumber. These wipe are perfect to use, obviously, in the morning! On the towelletes, you will find a bunch of dots. These dots help exfoliate your skin and leave you feeling extra-charged during your groggy mornings. I know it sounds cheesy, but I mean it when I say that these face wipes really woke me up and had me feeling super ready to meet the day!

Once I ran out of Pond's, I went back to the store and decided to give Target's knock-off brand of Pond's a try to save some money. As much as I love Pond's, they are a bit on the pricey side. These "Pond's" face wipes that I used really sucked! They got the job done, but they left my face feeling sticky and muggy. Yuck!

The next brand of face wipes I went for were Say Yes To Cucumbers. In the past, I have been quite pleased with the Say Yes To Carrots brand. I like how they are a natural brand and completely cruelty-free. However, their face wipes were also a big thumbs-down. The towelletes did not carry enough moisture in them and I really had to scrub to get all of my makeup completely off.

And finally, I went for Almay Makeup Remover Towelletes. These face wipes definitely got the job done, removing all my makeup completely. However, it did not leave my face feeling as refreshed as they did with Pond's.

Ratings:
Pond's Original: 5/5 stars
Pond's Evening Sooth: 5/5 stars
Pond's Morning Refresh: 5/5 stars
Knock-off Brand of Pond's: 2/5 stars
Say Yes To Cucumbers Face Wipes: 3/5 stars
Almay Makeup Remover Towelletes: 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment