Friday, July 20, 2012

Waxing, part two.

After my waxing fail with Sally Hansen, I went out and looked for another type of wax that could be easier. Veet ready-to-use Wax Strips seemed like the perfect solution. The difference between this wax and other wax kits is that the wax is pre-coated onto the waxing strips. This solves the problem of a messy waxing session.

I got home and tried them right away. It stung a little more than Sally Hansen, but after a while, it didn't hurt too bad. It was much cleaner this time, I didn't make any mess. The only problem - a big problem - was that this waxing kit left quite a few hairs behind. Ugh! Maybe it's the product, maybe it's all waxing kit products, or maybe it's just me being a first-time waxer, but I still have a good amount of hair left on my legs!

So now, I sit here with tingling legs that are still a little hairy, $20 more broke than I was before I ever thought about waxing. I'd say about 50% of my leg hair is gone and the rest of it is a lot shorter than it was before I waxed them. But is that really worth spending more money and feeling more pain? No, it's not. Maybe if I practiced more I'd get it right, but I don't have the time, money, or patience for that. It's time to try Nair creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment